Name:
Location: United States

eh, you know me...

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A Song For the Broken (Really this time)

Jesus. Sweet, sweet Jesus, please come in and make me new. Brand new. Why am i nauseous.

A Song for the Broken

This is a song
Just a song

How can I move with words,
or change with tears

This is a song--my simple song
My heart's cry for the broken to be healed

This is a prayer
A heartfelt prayer

For you to feel the
Heaven Maker's embrace

And when you don't--
still, know He's there
I'm begging you to trust
the arms of grace

This is your Healer, your Defender, your Spacious Place
He longs to hold you, to mend you, to wipe your face
And when the darkness seems to swallow all the light
He finds lost pieces strewn in corners from the fight

I cannot calm your worries, stay your fears,
take your pain or stop your tears

All I have is a song--my simple song
My heart's cry for the broken to be healed

2 Comments:

Blogger ericka b said...

I really want to try and put music to this Kelly... I'm hearing something for it (which is crazy, because I write lyrics all the time and almost never hear music for them!!!)

I can see a kindred heart in you- look forward to meeting you someday, till then, keep writing. I love hearing you heart!

7:57 PM  
Blogger ericka b said...

Update- the music's done (the melody)-- craziness! Now I've just got to figure out how to put guitar to it... that's insane how quickly that came... (and I hope that's ok with you?)

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home