Name:
Location: United States

eh, you know me...

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Matt Wertz [a-ha moment]

Ok. So this is the very cool God lesson from the midst of the craziness previously mentioned.

Wertz introduced a song he wrote when his grandfather died, and as he was playing it, it looked like he was living in that moment again--the pain and loss right after his death. I guess you could try and say that musicians are just emotional and expressive when they perform anyway, but I am convinced that what he was singing was connecting with his heart and his memory. And then it hit me. It does not die. Music, lyrics, just Art in general. However long he waits to play a song about his grandfather, he will always be taken back to that time and place when he sings it. He will remember the feelings, remember the pain. Not necessarily live in it, or not be over it, but it will all come back.
Is this making sense? It is a very 'duh' thing, but it is one reason art is so important. For me, personally, it means that when I write songs or poems or whatever, when I draw, when I create, it captures a moment. Sometimes I can go back and look and remember exactly how I felt and what was going on when I did it. Others, it just takes me back to truth I have learned and forgotten, or to different parts of my heart or God's heart. But whatever I was trying to capture, or unintentionally set down, it is there. It does not die. In God's reign, His chunk of purpose--which really encompasses everything else--it is crucial. It's like He was saying, Kelly, this is true, and this is why I want to write music together. This is why I want to flow out of your pen, and onto the page, into the air. Because I made music and song and art this way, I can use it to capture My moments. I can use it to connect to your heart and all of those in the future. I mean, we sing songs from men of God from centuries ago. Who knows how long this earth will last, but for the first time, it clicked that God wants us to create for those who come behind us. Whatever 'creating' looks like for you. Hopefully this makes sense. I'm still rolling it around in my head and trying to figure out what exactly that means and why the Lord turned on the lightbulb in the first place. I am tired. But He has been my Warrior today, and I have been able to tell, and, in turn, fight for others' hearts. Jesus make Your words, Your heart, come alive in me and through me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home