Name:
Location: United States

eh, you know me...

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Psalm 13

I mean really? Did I really just delete my post when I was almost done? I need computer lessons.
SO. I don't think most of what I had to say was important enough to repeat, but the jist of the unimportant things is that school is almost over (YES) and that SOON I will be in Russia (YES). God is going to do some crazy stuff in and around me and everyone else over there. Exciting stuff.
And now to the important things...and they would go into the very large "Unimportant" category of words coming from me, except they are about the Very Most Important One.
The attribute of the day, coming from Psalm 13, is Above. God is above. He is Above in power and in Strength. He is Above in greatness and glory. He is Above our hopes and fears. Above the world, the stars, and the whole universe. He is Above our thoughts and ways. Above our understanding or comprehension. He is infinitely Above. His "Above-ness" is not impersonal or distant though. He is also Above in love. He loves more than anyone else could or would or does or ever has or ever will. What a dizzying thought--that the very God who IS so far Above us all, Above the smallness of me, so much greater and most worthy, is the same God whose love and compassion and grace and mercy is Above--and unfathomably outweighs the love and compassion and grace and mercy of all of us teeny people.
[so interesting how you can set out to write one thing, and then it just takes a life of its own and turns into something completely different once you start typing...]
This morning I just had to sit there and think, ok, so You are Above. Psalm 13 is David asking how long, LORD, how long? Four times, he asks how long God will take to act, how long his enemies will win, how long before things make sense. And there are some things that don't make much sense to me. A whole lot of things, actually. But the very fact that David and I are asking the same question, thousands of years apart, does not tell me that God is unfaithful, but that He is, and always has been, and always will be infinitely Above. It does not mean I will get my answers, and i don't know how things ended up with Dave, but I think I'll join him in saying
But I trust in Your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in Your salvation.
I will sing to the LORD, for He has been good to me.
I mean, can I say that again? His love is UNFAILING. I trust in it. His salavation is sure and complete. I rejoice in it. I will sing with my heart and soul to the Lord of Hosts, Jehovah, for He has been so good to me. So I give You my question marks, God. You are Above. I sing for You.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vaughan said...

Hey Kelly, I am going to Africa with Big Stuf! Middle of June to end of July. I think I'm going with Lindsey, you're best friend, that's pretty cool. And the circles widen....
Hope you're doing well

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home