Name:
Location: United States

eh, you know me...

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Matt Wertz [crazy happenings]

I WISH YOU WERE HERE. Somehow when listening to music, the lyrics are all that go through my head. Sometimes.
Ok. Got to press pause. this will be a LONG one.
Matt Wertz. Before last night, I had never really listened to him much. I really like his stuff. You might ask why exactly Molly and I would drive to ATL to get to a concert at 10, and then drive back in the same night. I asked myself the same question about halfway there. And I don't really have an answer, but it was so worth it. It was good to get out of Athens and laugh a WHOLE lot and listen to some good music and meet some cool people and have some CRAZY experiences. So. Here's a play by play of the night: After finding a parking spot--i SUCK at parallel parking--Molly and I run--yes, full out RUN, folks. in high heels down a hill. to meet Linds who has our tickets. Molly and I arrive at the Loft and I left everything but my phone and keys in the car, thus not having my id, thus having to pay more money, which I also did not have. And some random guy swoops in and says he will cover me, and we go upstairs and he pays for me and disappears. then we go find the spots Erica saved for us. Suffice to say that Linds and Molly are not short girls. This resulted in some rather unhappy girls behind us. I've never been called those things before, much less repeatedly by someone right behind me in close proximity. yikes. So Matt plays and it's great. After the show two drunk men--and by 'men' i mean well into their 30s--approach with the pick up line:"so that was a f*ing badace show, wasn't it?" Brilliant. Molly proceeds to introduce herself as Mary, Linds as Leena, and me as Sarah. All freshmen from UGA. Upon which the taller guy remarks that we will be sucessful in life, no matter what we do, because we are beautiful. Right. Molly knows this guy that works with Wertz, so we waited around to talk to this kid Jason, and, in the process, met several other people. [insert several other funny stories]. Molly gave me a piggy back up the hill to my car. On the way out of town, we are sitting at a stoplight, and Molly freaks out and covers my eyes. Why, you might ask? Oh, that's because the man driving the truck next to us decided to, ahem, expose himself. freely. We make the essential stop for Mcflurries because all the starbucks are closed and its 1 in the morning and i have to drive back. And that was some of our night. but now, on to the serious part. actually, I think I will just make it a separate post...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home