Name:
Location: United States

eh, you know me...

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Daddy's girl

i cannot remember the last time i crawled into my daddy's lap and he tickled my back until i was almost asleep. it was a wonderful thing.
the LORD Almighty is Jehovah Rapha...He is our Healer. my Healer. it is amazing how far He has brought me. us. and i am convinced He won't stop now. as i was picking at the annoying flakes on my shins tonight from when i fried myself a couple of weeks ago, i realized that it is right where i have a huge faded scar up my entire shin from a couple of years ago. at the time, it was rather dramatic...essentially, i had to put gauze around my entire calf from just above my ankle to just below my knee. (cable wires are nasty things...i don't suggest falling off of them)
i was kind of afraid i would have a horrific scar forever. everyone said it would be a bad one, that it would not disappear. and it hasn't, completely. but i have to look at it from a certain angle in the light to see it. but it did go away. even though it gives me the weeby jeebies to remember scraping the wire up my shin, the pain and most of the evidence is gone. even though there's a lot of stuff--ugly, defeating, hurtful stuff--from not so long ago, Jehovah Rapha--Abba Father-- has taken most of the pain away, and the scar is fading. it might take a while to sort out truth and untruth, my natural tendencies and formed reactions and habits, the difference between silence and suffocation. it may yet be a while before i trust boy's hearts, and trust them with mine, before i can let someone pick up the pieces of my soul when it comes apart, before i can let myself receive and not just stubbornly, selfishly give. but. a while is not forever. and as long as i am on this earth, Jesus will keep making those scars fade farther and farther away. new wounds will come and He'll just start healing those too. and someday, some glorious day, standing before Him i will be in Him complete.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eagle husbands...ny head isnt spinning but my heart sure is excited...I am going to have one some day...FABULOUS! This previous blog...I dont know if my head is spinning but it is EXACTLY what I needed this morning...so true and so encouraging! I mean really i feel funny talking to you on a blog when I see you so much...but i know you love comments so here I go...get used to them!! I am so so thankful for you...that was ENCOURAGING!

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home