Name:
Location: United States

eh, you know me...

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Politics, the Office, and War

Geez. I know I should be up on the times, but sometimes I get sick of politics talk. Listening to some friends dress down the candidates and America. It might all be true. But I am kind of over it at times.

Pacifism...war...how does it fit together? What do I think about all of this? I honestly don't know. And is it ok that I don't know? Can I be open to different ideas without immediately jumping on them and swallowing them whole. Am I conservative? Am I liberal? I don't know.
Jesus. I want to know You. I want to follow You. Not get caught up in things that tangle. Whatever that means for politics or issues of the day. Let me be full of wisdom and compassion. I want to try to solve problems and love people rather than harp on problems. Awareness of problems is key. But it gets overwhelming to me simply to go into extreme detail of hundreds of issues and have no solution. Is that naive? Maybe I am too idealistic. I want to change the world. But the world gets changed by changed hearts, not changed policies, really. So I want to love people. Help them. Show them Jesus. So they may be changed. So we may be changed. That is where I am at, currently. I think.

However, I do know that I love Jim and Pam. And a love story like that sounds very nice someday. That's all I have to say about that. A good laugh is so precious. And oh, how they come on office days. That's what she said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home