Name:
Location: United States

eh, you know me...

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Just an Ordinary Day

So. My sister is getting married in the fall. And my brother is moving to Chattanooga for the next 5 years or so.
Life is changing! Yikes. Exciting, but kind of surreal.
Next year I will be an almost senior.

Learning about Iran from my roommate. (Her mom is Iranian. Or Persian, they say.)

Only two and a half weeks til exams are done. Crazy.
Last week I sent the longest email of my life, I think, to a friend/mentor. Just relaying life in the past 9 months or so. It was really odd to write it all out. I don't think I had done that yet. It was good. Cathartic. (sp?)

Sometimes I wonder if I will be a bad mom. CLEARLY I can't handle the kids in Upstreet. As was evidenced again today. But surely your own are different...surely they listen more. And I think I can count on having less than 17 kids. Fourteen of them being boys. If I were a 4th grade boy, what would go through my mind...Buzzy said to flirt. Little boys listen when they have a crush. Buuut. I'm not good at flirting with boys my own age, much less little guys. And I kind of have an inherent problem with that...
I am really looking forward to dressing up tomorrow. Dress from Selfridge's and shiny black heels. Hopefully the shoes won't pinch since it's just a late afternoon/evening kind of deal. Dinner with the fam! Everyone but Dad. Sad. It's Mere's 24th on Tuesday.

It is late, and Lotte Berk is calling. Along with a shower.
Adieu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home